Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dynamic Alignment Part 2

For Ch. 7 through 10, I found several parts useful. In Ch. 7, the searchlight central axis visualization seems helpful so I will try and imagine this sometime as I try to get good alignment. In Ch. 8, the buoy metaphor is interesting, especially when using only one buoy upon the pelvis. The COG very much intrigues me as it is what is used with those who balance objects. The ballast visualization I will try to see if this improves my balancing. In Ch. 9, of all these images for doing a grand battement, I feel the 5th image, of that of a string bringing my leg up, gravitate more for me. In ch 10, the tent visualization to keep the bones in place via the muscles is a good image and gives example of why whole body is important. It is also good to hear that improvisation is a good method in developing dynamic muscle tone, for I often do improvisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment